Alderley & Ruthven Streets, Toowoomba
Demolish a retail fuel outlet, including canopy, structures and in-ground fuel tanks.
- Plumbing, gas and electrical services were disconnected or capped.
- A demolition permit was secured.
- All asbestos-containing material was removed and a clearance certificate issued.
- Bowsers and associated pipework were removed.
- All salvageable materials were removed manually with mechanical assistance where necessary.
- The structures and canopy were mechanically demolished and the site cleared of all demolition waste, ground slabs and footings.
- The steel in-ground fuel tanks were filled with inert gas (nitrogen) and destroyed safely in the ground by tearing them open with an excavator.
- The tanks were removed from the ground and transported to a specialist disposal facility.
- All generated waste was road freighted from Toowoomba to Ipswich. Concrete waste was delivered to a local recycler.