Luggage Point Sewage Treatment Plant
Demolish various concrete and steel storage vessels, pipework and structures.
- Plumbing, gas and electrical services were disconnected or capped.
- A demolition permit was secured.
- All vessels and associated pipework were purged of any remaining liquid and cleaned.
- All asbestos-containing material was removed and a clearance certificate issued.
- The concrete structures were mechanically demolished and the site cleared of all demolition waste.
- Steel vessels were craned onto trucks and delivered to the recyclers.
- Select redundant steel pipework was manually removed and delivered to the recyclers.
Due to the works proximity to sewage, all staff had to be immunised against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus. The facility remained fully operational throughout the course of the work.